Badger Bits

Men's Football 

The University of Minnesota will undoubtedly have one of their biggest crowds of the entire football season when the Badgers visit the Metrodome on Saturday. The Badgers have had the largest turnout eight times since the Gophers moved to the stadium in 1982. Twice, they've had a larger-than-capacity attendance. 

On the list of games with the highest attendance, the Wisconsin-Minnesota game has three out of the top 10. The only team to appear on the list more is Iowa, which appears five times.  

As of Wednesday, less than 1,000 tickets remained, leading many to believe another sell-out is on the horizon.  

Women's Basketball 

In a recent interview, head coach Lisa Stone answered questions about her team's upcoming season, which begins Nov. 6 with a game against UW-Parkside.  

When asked about her offensive strategies this season, Stone was optimistic about her plans. 

\This season, my offensive schemes will be geared around player personnel,"" Stone said. ""We expect to continue our up-tempo style of play, and taking care of the basketball. Our players are continuing to become more familiar each year. Our up-tempo offensive style of play is also exciting for fans to watch."" 

Men's Swimming and Diving 

Freshman Scott Rice was named Big Ten swimmer of the week and sophomore Josh Bonner was named Big Ten diver of the week. 

In his debut, Rice was victorious in the 200 butterfly with a time of 1:53.83 and the 500 freestyle clocking in at 4:42.54. 

Bonner picked up two second place scores with a 228.90 on the 1-meter dive and a score of 211.58 on the 3-meter. 

Women's Swimming and Diving  

Senior Emily Carpenter was awarded with the Big Ten swimmer of the week and senior captain Amanda Witte was dubbed Big Ten diver of the week. 

Named co-swimmer of the week with Minnesota's Katie Wind, Carpenter helped the Badgers knock off UW-Green Bay winning the 100 freestyle and 200 freestyle. She clocked in at times of 52.80 and 1:53.25, respectively. 

Witte notched two second place finishes with marks of 227.40 on the 1-meter dive and 231.00 off the 3-meter board. Last season, Witte was also named diver of the week in the team's first week. 

-uwbadgers.com contributed to this report.