Bring it on... Bitch

I hate writer's block. It is a true constipation of the mind, especially when your sole job is to excrete whatever is there. On a particular spring afternoon (yesterday to be exact), I was trying to figure out how to B.S. my way through 600 words. This couldn't be that hard. After all, I have a B.A. in B.S., commonly referred to as political science. March Madness columns are clich??d, and the other professional sports weren't all that appealing to write something interesting on.  

Usually, I empty my head through video gaming. But I was without my PS2 of inspiration. When Joe Uchill asked me what I play on the PS2, I mentioned my NCAA football dynasty, and from there, inspiration hit. 

Joe: Man, remember Tecmo Super Bowl? God, how I loved that game. 

Me: Yeah, greatest game ever. 

AJ Maclean (photo guy): F**k that, Track and Field was the best because of the power pad. 

Me: Hey, Backstreet Boy, why don't you just stay out of this conversation and let the real men talk. 

AJ: I'll cut you good, fat ass! 

It kind of devolved from there. One police report and 10 stitches later, I found my inspiration. Sports video games are often a subject argued over and over again by men who have nothing better to do than converse about such trite subjects. In other words, ALL men. We can forgive anything except a worthy argument to the question, \Why the hell would you choose Larry Bird over MJ in the game Jordan vs. Bird?"" What kind of fool wouldn't take the greatest player of all time over any other player? I don't know, but these are the important things that need to be discussed passionately and shamelessly.  

So what is the greatest sports video game ever? 

Tell what we're going to do. You, the reader, are going to determine what the greatest sports video game ever is. E-mail me at mikejones@dailycardinal.com and tell me in unlimited words why your video game was the best. Next week, I will reveal the winner based on the votes. And the best arguments will be printed. Come on, you know you should write in. Spring break is over. Testing season hasn't really started back up yet, and you have some free time. Plus, you'll get your name in the paper without the term ""was arrested early Sunday morning on the charge of public urination"" following it. Plus, I won't have to write next week (which would be a service to both the reader and the writer). So let the games begin...so to speak.  

Michael Jones is a senior majoring in international relations and political science. Send him your pick for the greatest sports video game ever at mikejones@dailycardinal.com.