Madison police shoot man near West Side

A Madison Police officer shot a man at his home in the 2200 block of Tanager Trail Tuesday morning. Police said the man returned to his home at 9:30 a.m. Tuesday morning, which is also the scene of previous alleged crimes he may have committed Monday night at his tri-level home on Madison's West Side. 

Police were already at the residence when the suspect returned, receiving a call Monday night about an alleged crime. After the suspect threatened them with a handgun, one of the officers responded by firing at the suspect. 

Police would not disclose further information about Monday's alleged crime, nor would they disclose how many shots were fired. 

Police administered first aid immediately after they shot the suspect and he is considered to be in good condition after being taken to a nearby hospital. The officer was not injured in the incident.  

Police surrounded the home with crime tape Tuesday afternoon and said one of the residence's windows was shattered.  

A neighbor, Aurel Hyseni, told the Wisconsin State Journal a young couple and a girl lived in the house.  

\I heard some noise, like a bomb,"" he told the Wisconsin State Journal. ""It's really scary."" 

A preliminary investigation revealed the shooting was justified, according to the Wisconsin State Journal.  

This is the second shooting by Madison Police this year.