Men's Soccer hopes to stop Indiana streak

The Wisconsin men's soccer team (7-6-0) will host dangerous rival Indiana (3-3-4) Friday at 7 p.m. at the McClimon Soccer Complex. Indiana comes into this game with a 41-game Big Ten winning streak, and leads the all-time series 23-3-3.  

These numbers aren't going to scare the rising Wisconsin team away. The Badgers are coming off two wins last week against UW-Milwaukee and Penn State and are playing with the intensity needed to try to put away IU.  

Though Indiana's record doesn't show their potential, they are an offensive threat. Sophomore midfielder and forward Brian Plotkin and junior forward Ned Grabavoy lead the conference with an average of four shots on goal per game each, and the team is first in the conference with 36 shots on goal. 

\Those two guys have been doing a lot of the work on the attack,"" head coach Jeff Rohrman said. ""And we're going to have our hands full. In the back they're young but they're very talented. It's going to be a great game, and obviously they're loaded in a lot of different places."" 

The Badgers have an answer to the Indiana offense with their spectacular defense. Junior goalkeeper Eric Hanson was named the Big Ten Defensive Player of the Week this past week and leads the conference with four shutouts, giving him five total on the season..  

""They don't have the same record as they usually do,"" Hanson said. ""They usually come in pretty high-ranked but they're still a really solid team. I feel confident going into it this year, and I feel we can do some good things."" 

With the Badgers riding high on of last week's victories and the team playing as one, the Hoosiers might witness their lengthy streak come to an end.