Hemp production would benefit Wisconsin's economy

With a $1.1 billion state deficit, we are in need of some type of fanatical boost. Not only is our state having budget problems, but our whole country's economy is trying to climb its way out of a slump. Let's give the Wisconsin economy what it needs: a boost with agricultural hemp. 

That's right hemp, a market that is just in the virgin stage of growth is a multi-billion dollar a year industry. Ironically, Americans spend millions on all types of hemp products and yet none of it can be grown here. Let's pass some legislation that will legalize hemp and bring the money back home to Wisconsin. 

A lot of people know about hemp rope and shirts, but few know about the other hundreds of uses. For instance, hemp can be turned into biodegradable plastic. Hemp oil can also be turned into a miracle fuel that's biodegradable. America will no longer have to depend on other countries for our energy sources, and we'll take the money out of big oil producing countries and put into the pocket of our farmers. There is also a need for hemp paper: one acre of hemp can replace 4 acres of trees and it only takes hemp three months to grow'not years. 

The possibilities of hemp are endless. We need to explore the full capabilities of this wonderful plant right here in Wisconsin.