Police seek information in Sunday incident that injured Bollinger

The Madison Police Department confirmed in a statement Monday that UW quarterback Brooks Bollinger was a victim in a disturbance in the Frances Street area early Sunday morning. 

The Capital Times reported Monday that police said Bollinger suffered a broken nose from the incident. Madison Police Public Information Officer Larry Kamholz told The Daily Cardinal Monday that he could not confirm exactly what injuries Bollinger suffered, except that they were in the \facial area."" 

Badger Head Coach Barry Alvarez said in a Monday press conference that as far as he knew Bollinger was a ""peacemaker"" in the incident. 

""Somebody hit him in the face, he was taken to the emergency room where he was treated and released,"" Alvarez said. 

Bollinger is expected to play in Saturday's football game against Minnesota, Alvarez said. 

According to Alvarez, other football players who were also present Sunday are cooperating with Madison police in the investigations. 

MPD said it is attempting to identify the people involved in the incident who fled before authorities arrived at the scene. 

Police encourage anyone with information regarding the incident to contact the department at 266-4418.