A number of physical altercations occurred near campus over the weekend, including a fight at Bassett Street Brunch Club and a substantial battery on N.

Madison police make multiple disorderly conduct arrests over the weekend

Madison police arrested a 68-year-old Beloit man Saturday night for making sexually suggestive comments to several pedestrians in the downtown area.

The man reportedly pulled over near a pair of female students walking on Mifflin Street and asked them if they would like to watch what he was doing in the car. The women then went home, got a car and followed the man until they could write down his license plate number. They saw him slow down near other groups of people walking in downtown.

Police officers who arrested him recognized him for similar crimes in the past. Court records show he pled guilty to lewd and lascivious conduct in Dane County in January 2016 and, as a result, served 30 days in prison. He also plead no contest to two other cases of disorderly conduct in 2004 and 2008.

Earlier that afternoon, Madison police took two teenagers into custody after they were caught throwing ice and pouring soda on employees at a local McDonalds. The suspects, two 15-year-old girls, were known by employees for doing similar things over the past couple of weeks. When encountered by police, the two suspects fought with them and were arrested. One was found to be a suspect in two cases of car theft.

Early Monday morning, police responded to the 100 block of State Street where a fight had broken out. A 54-year-old man was knocked unconscious during the fight and later tripped and hit his head on a concrete wall, requiring six staples to close.