See how your $137 million of segregated fees were distributed from 2015-'17

Find the amount of student segregated fees allocated to campus groups through the Associated Students of Madison.

Student segregated fees are charged to each student to support services and activities outside of academic instruction. This database includes the amounts of such fees distributed to groups at UW-Madison through the General Student Services Fund, campus support contracts like bus passes, ASM’s internal affairs and non-allocable areas such as University Health Services. Costs and trends can be tracked over the past three fiscal years.

To view segregated fee costs, pick a program or search for a keyword and then click submit.

Notes:

In fall 2014, the Student Services Finance Committee adjusted its student-hourly wage structure. In fiscal years 2015 and 2016, the baseline hourly wage for these positions is $9.19 per hour. Beginning in fiscal year 2017, the baseline hourly wage for these positions will move to $10.50 per hour, accounting for most of the roughly 13 percent year-to-year increase in total GSSF funding.

ASM developed the Green Fund in 2013 to provide support for sustainability initiatives on campus. The funding allocated in the first two years, however, was underspent. Additionally, applicants sought to spend the money on projects concerning university infrastructure and other items on which state policy prohibits the use of student segregated fees. ASM leaders decided almost all allowable Green Fund expenses could be covered under existing grant types and eliminated the Green Fund for future fiscal years.

During fiscal year 2016, University Health Services deliberately operated under a deficit to reduce cash reserves. For fiscal year 2017, UHS proposed large increases to mental health services and the End Violence on Campus program, areas where students' demand currently outweighs existing capacities.

Data provided by the Associated Students of Madison.

Thomas Valtin-Erwin also contributed to this report by compiling the data.