Mouth-watering songs play on Caroline's iPod

Are you tired of the same old playlists? Do you need some new tunes? To assist you in creating a new foodie"" playlist to inspire you in times of physical and spiritual hunger, Caroline is proud to present her top 10 food references in popular music. 

""Cheeseburger in Paradise"" by Jimmy Buffett 

Jimmy Buffett's music centers on four often overlapping themes: food, drink, pirates and women, which is why my life is basically a never-ending Buffett song. Despite the mediocre restaurant chain inspired by this song, it remains one of my favorites due to semi-pornographic food-related lyrics - ""A big warm bun and a huge hunk of meat '¦ heaven on earth with an onion slice."" 

""Another Brick in the Wall (Part II)"" by Pink Floyd 

While ""Another Brick in the Wall"" is famous for its anti-establishment undercurrents and use of an actual children's choir, it has always been guitarist David Gilmour's last second screeching that fascinates me. Shouting in an absolutely outrageous English accent, ""If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding. How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?"" is a mealtime favorite of mine, which may be why my roommates no longer allow me to eat at the table. 

""Hollaback Girl"" by Gwen Stefani 

Gwen Stefani taught a whole generation of children how to spell. God bless Gwen Stefani. 

""Them Belly Full (But We Hungry)"" by Bob Marley and the Wailers 

Unlike the other songs on this list, ""Them Belly Full (But We Hungry)"" is a reggae classic that focuses on a broad, nation-wide hunger for food, and more importantly, power within the Jamaican government. Marley performed this protest song quite often to make sure Jamaican officials never forgot the power of the ""hungry mob."" 

""Werewolves in London"" by Warren Zevon 

Only Warren Zevon, one of the creepiest musicians ever, could come up with this ridiculous song. There are excellent food references throughout, but my favorite is right at the beginning, ""I saw a werewolf with a Chinese menu in his hand'¦ He was looking for a place called Lee Ho Fook's, going to get himself a big dish of beef chow mein."" 

""Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds"" by the Beatles 

Paul McCartney has repeatedly stated that no hallucinogenic drugs were consumed during the writing or production of this song. I'm willing to accept this, if it means I can actually boat down a river, with tangerine trees and marmalade skies or share marshmallow pies with rocking horse people. 

""Milkshake"" by Kelis 

Her milkshake may bring all the boys to the yard, but I can guarantee it's not better than mine. Mine has rum in it. 

""Pour Some Sugar on Me"" by Def Leppard 

This song is nothing but one long culinary reference, leaving listeners sexually confused and unexpectedly hungry. If I had directed this music video, the lyrics ""I'm hot sticky sweet, from my head to my feet, yeah"" would be accompanied by images of Def Leppard covering himself in liberal amounts of Mrs. Butterworth's syrup. Maybe it's a good thing I'm not. 

""Still Fighting It"" by Ben Folds 

The food reference in this song is fleeting, and many brush it off as trivial, which I think is a mistake. ""Still Fighting It"" is about a Dad trying to explain the difficulties of growing up to his young son. Opening with ""You want a coke? Maybe some fries? The roast-beef combo's only $9.95