news_campus.jpg

Students from around the country will meet to speak about issues with policy-makers. 

UW student to travel to nation’s capital, talk with policy-makers

A UW-Madison student will travel to Washington D.C. to partake in a conference through the The One Campaign non-profit group. 

The non-profit recently set up campus partnerships throughout the United States, including one at UW-Madison. UW campus leader Kelli Liegel will travel to the nation’s capital to talk to policymakers about The One Campaign issues. 

The One Campaign seeks to campaign and advocate to end extreme poverty and preventable disease, particularly in Africa according to their website

“Service is a core value here at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, and this experience will give me the opportunity to press our leaders for solutions to global poverty and HIV/AIDS, and return home to Wisconsin to apply what I’ve learned to the work I’m doing on my campus and in my community,” Liegel said in a release. 

Liegel also noted her excitement to talk with Wisconsin’s federal representatives in D.C. 

“I'm incredibly grateful to be chosen to attend this year’s ONE Power Summit and meet with leaders, like Senator Ron Johnson and Senator Tammy Baldwin,” she said.