A still from the 2018 UW-Madison 2018 TV spot. The university released the short feature to celebrate some of its values and achievements with football fans.

UW-Madison mini film showcases progress, achievement

UW-Madison released its 2018 TV spot during Saturday’s football game, featuring themes of challenge and achievement.

The 30 second film aired as the Badgers won their game against Nebraska after scoring three touchdowns.

The spot aims to illustrate the pursuit of progress and greatness in the faculty and student body, according to a UW-Madison press release.

The clip shows three distinct scenes on campus — the first one visits Michael Zinn, a mechanical engineering professor and leader of the REACH Lab, in his workshop, the second shows Miriam Seifter, a law professor and one of the winners of UW–Madison’s 2018 Distinguished Teaching Award, in her classroom. The third highlights students performing with UW-Madison’s First Wave Learning Community.

All of the scenes showcase the process of learning and creating to achieve progress and better not only students’ lives on campus but also in the world around them.

“We’ve got a remarkable story to tell here at UW–Madison,” said University Marketing Executive Director and project producer Tricia Nolan. “And with this spot we’re celebrating our strengths, embracing our aspirations and trying to distinguish ourselves from a crowd.”