Grab a blanket, some pals and your favorite fall drink and cozy up with some of these under-appreciated Halloween flicks.

Underrated Halloween movies to see

It’s spooky season, ladies and gentlemen, you know what that means.

Oh yeah, I’m talking pumpkins, I’m talking caramel apples and most importantly, I’m talking Halloween movies. No, not the series of horror movies, but the genre Halloween.

These films are my favorite, they possess just the right amount of funny and scary. Movies in this genre include “Halloween Town,” “The Nightmare Before Christmas” and “Hocus Pocus.” These three were all classics in my youth from growing up with a Disney addiction.

It is so easy to focus on these three films along with other classics and overlook some real gems. Here are some amazing Halloween movies that are extremely underrated.

“Practical Magic”

If you’re into Romantic Comedies, this movie is right up your alley. It’s a classic funny love story with a sprinkle of Halloween flare.

The plot line follows a pair of sister witches who are cursed. The curse is that every time they fall in love with someone, the person dies. Enter in a hottie cop investigating them for murder and the tale is complete. This movie offers a quirky twist to the rom-com plotlines we know and love. It also features Sandra Bullock and Nicole Kidman, so you know it’s not going to disappoint.

“Scream”

This is an epic horror movie that seems to be lost in time. It may not have the CGI and special effects that horror movies have nowadays, but it can give you some old-fashioned scares. Serial killers and popcorn — it’s a match made in Halloween heaven.

Pro-tip: if you’re not into scary movies but your friends are, compromise with the movie “Scary Movie.” It is a spoof of a ton of horror movies like “Scream” so your friends will get to see their favorite killers and you will also get a good laugh.

“The Addams Family”

I don’t know which is more iconic, the theme song or Wednesday Addams. This movie has it all. The laughs, the spooks and a little bit of sass.

“The Addams Family” will always be near and dear to my heart, but it always fades to the background once the Halloween hustle and bustle begins.

This movie is perfect for a nice wine night with the girls and joking around with friends.

I know the classics are good for Halloween, but don’t be afraid to mix in some underrated movies too to spice things up. You may be pleasantly surprised by how good they are or by why you never watched them before. So, grab some friends, blankets and treats, then cozy up on the couch to one of these underrated Halloween movies.