Madison is Kaur’s second stop out of 12 on her American Tour.

Rupi Kaur to bring internationally acclaimed poetry to Madison

Rupi Kaur, renowned poet and author of “Milk and honey” and “The Sun and Her Flowers,” will stop in Madison tomorrow for her American tour.

Kaur is an Indian-born Canadian poet and #1 New York Times bestselling author and illustrator of two collections of poetry. She started drawing at the young age of five, according to her books. Her mother handed her a paintbrush and said — draw your heart out.

After completing her degree in rhetoric studies, Kaur published her first collection of poems “Milk and honey” in 2014. The internationally acclaimed collection sold over a million copies and was featured on the New York Times bestsellers list every week for over a year. It has since been translated into over thirty languages.

“The Sun and Her Flowers,” her long-awaited second collection, was published in 2017. This collection continued the poet’s exploration of a variety of themes ranging from love, loss, trauma, healing and femininity.

Madison is Kaur’s second stop out of 12 on her American Tour. She will be performing as a part of the Wisconsin Union’s season in Shannon Hall at 7:30 pm.