F.H. King Students for Sustainable Agriculture operates a 1.75 acre garden plot at Eagle Heights, and distributes vegetables for free on campus. The Student Service Finance Committee granted the organization funding in the next biennium.

Funding approved for student agriculture organization

F.H. King Students for Sustainable Agriculture, a student organization designed to promote sustainable agriculture and food access on campus, was granted funding for the next biennium in a unanimous Student Service Finance Committee vote Monday.

F.H. King’s programming includes a student-run farm at Eagle Heights where students can learn organic and sustainable gardening techniques, according to the organization’s webpage. The 1.75 acre garden produces about 2900 pounds of vegetables, fruit, flowers and herbs each growing season, and most of the produce is distributed free of charge to the campus community.

Other F.H. King activities include educational workshops, Full Cycle Freight composting, a rooftop garden at the Pyle Center and a vertical garden at the Student Activities Center.

"They answered the questions perfectly,” said Rep. Jon Kim. “All around, I feel confident voting yes on them.”