Baldwin, Johnson ask to hear from Kavanaugh’s accuser

Both U.S. Senators from Wisconsin agreed the Senate should hear from the woman who accused Brett Kavanaugh of sexual assault before voting on whether or not to confirm him to the Supreme Court.

Democratic U.S. Sen. Tammy Baldwin and Republican U.S. Sen. Ron Johnson announced their support for Christine Blasey Ford to appear before the Senate Judiciary Committee Monday after she indicated her willingness to do so.

Ford told The Washington Post that Kavanaugh drunkenly groped and attempted to force himself on her when they both were in high school in the early 1980s.

“I have read Dr. Ford’s letter and I find the allegations deeply disturbing, serious and credible,” Baldwin tweeted. “There should be no vote on this lifetime nomination for our highest court until this matter is fully investigated and Dr. Ford and the nominee appear before the Senate Judiciary Committee.”

Meanwhile, in a radio interview with WTMJ, Johnson said of Ford “we should listen to her,” and it would be “appropriate” for the committee to hear from both her and Kavanaugh on the matter.

The accusations come as a roadblock to Senate Republicans, who were confident in Kavanaugh’s confirmation just days before, and hope to give conservative justices as much influence as possible on the high court while they hold the Senate.

Ford and Kavanaugh both stated they will testify before the judiciary committee next Monday.