Gov. Tony Evers’ proposal includes millions of dollars dedicated to facility renovations across the UW System.

Athletic department partners with Lyft

UW-Madison Athletics has now partnered with Lyft, a rideshare company, providing community members with an alternative form of transportation on Badger game days.

Through the partnership, Lyft will have designated pick-up and drop-off locations at the Kohl Center and Camp Randall. These locations were chosen so students, staff, alumni and visitors to campus can make it from one side of campus to the other on Badger football, men’s hockey and men’s basketball game days.

With Lyft, community members can order a ride over a mobile app. A car will pick up the rider at one of the designated campus locations and take them where they would like to go.

According to Jean-Paul Biondi, the general manager of Lyft in Wisconsin, UW-Madison is the first university in the state to partner with the rideshare company.

Daron Jones, the director of external engagement at UW-Madison, said the partnership will give users an additional convenience on game days.

Biondi agreed, saying, “Community members can get around campus in a safe way, quickly and easily … [The partnership] gives students more options for safer transportation, allowing them to get home or around campus.” 

As a proud partner of the university, Jones said, Lyft will have the ability to advertise within Wisconsin Athletic venues as well as on digital media platforms.

The partnership will last two years, running through June of 2020.