Dane County Regional Airport Director Brad Livingston will retire at the end of August after 15 years in the position.

Dane County Regional Airport director to retire amid major renovations

The Director of the Dane County Regional Airport will retire from his position at the end of August, the county announced in a press release Friday.

Brad Livingston has worked for the airport for 32 years, serving as director for the past 15 years.

“I want to thank Brad for his years of public service to the Dane County Regional Airport and the citizens of Dane County,” said Dane County Executive Joe Parisi. “Under his leadership Dane County greatly grew our direct flights and improved our airport.”

Dane County Regional Airport is currently undergoing major renovations in order to modernize and expand the airport in response to the increasing volume of passengers. The airport saw over 1,800,000 passengers in 2017, the busiest year in its history. The airport received $25 million for renovations in Dane County’s 2018 budget.

Dane County has announced plans to conduct a nationwide search for Livingston’s replacement as Airport Director.