YOU@WISC is centered around three main themes: succeed, thrive and matter.

UHS introduces new portal connecting students with resources

Continuing its effort to connect students to mental health and motivational resources, University Health Services has created a portal designed to build resilience within students and foster campus connections.

YOU@WISC — which will help students connect with tools, content and resources specific to UW-Madison student life — is centered around three main themes: succeed, thrive and matter. Each theme encompasses approximately seven interactive modules focusing on aspects of campus life ranging from campus involvement to professional development.

Additionally, each theme contains facts and tips, quizzes, Ted Talks and connections to UW-Madison resources for users. After entering information experiences and interests, the themes customize to the user experience, according to Andrea Lawson, co-director of mental health services at UHS.

Lawson said the portal was created in partnership with the national organization YOU at College. She said YOU@WISC will engage students and improve their campus experience.

“Electronic communication is very engaging, and You@Wisc can use that to help students get connected with the things they need in order to help them become more successful on campus,” she said.

Any campus community member — students, faculty and staff — with an active NetID can access the YOU@WISC portal. All information, activity and results recorded by the portal are confidential, according to Lawson.

Kayla Huynh contributed to this reporting.