Roque Minn Duluth

Abby Roque looks to lead the Badgers to another WCHA Tournament victory.

Wisconsin seeking sweep of Minnesota State after extended break

In their first series in over a month, the No. 1 Wisconsin Badgers (21-1-0, 12-0-0 WCHA) will take on the Minnesota State Mavericks (3-18-1, 1-13-0 WCHA) at home. The two teams have met previously this season in Mankato, Mn., with the Badgers winning both games by scores of 3-2 and 3-1.

Wisconsin is seeking to extend its five-game winning streak and 22-game home unbeaten streak to build upon its already impressive season. Goaltender Kristen Campbell, a transfer from North Dakota, recently earned WCHA Goaltender of the Month for the third time this year. She leads the NCAA in wins, save percentage and goals-against average with marks of 21, .948, and 1.00 respectively.

The Badgers’ offense will have a tough test ahead of them, as the Mavericks currently rank first the WCHA in shots blocked with 347. Abby Roque, one of Wisconsin’s most notable offensive players, leads the team in points with 25 in 22 games. She ranks sixteenth in the NCAA.

The Badgers’ defense will face a balanced Minnesota State team, as 16 Mavericks have scored a goal this season. Junior Jordan McLaughlin has scored six goals, while three different players are tied for second with four goals each.

Wisconsin faces off against Minnesota State at 2 p.m. on Saturday, Jan. 13 at LaBahn Arena and again on Sunday at 1 p.m.