Sophomore forward Alexis Mauermann scored the opening goal of Wisconsin's game on Saturday, but UW fell short, 3-1.

Mauermann, Badgers poised to sweep St. Cloud State

In its last series of 2017, the Wisconsin women’s hockey team (19-1-0, 10-0 WCHA) heads to St. Cloud, Minn., to take on the St. Cloud State Huskies (3-12-2, 1-9-2 WCHA). The Badgers have won three straight following their first loss of the season to the Northeastern Huskies and look to continue that streak in Minnesota.

Forward Alexis Mauermann earned WCHA Offensive Player of the Month for November, as she led the conference in both goals per game (.83) and shooting percentage (.333). The sophomore is now up to eight goals and nine assists on the season.

Goaltender Kristen Campbell earned her second straight WCHA Goaltender of the Month as she won five games in November with a 1.35 goals against average and .938 save percentage. The sophomore transfer from the University of North Dakota currently holds a .944 save percentage and 1.10 goals against average as she’s gone 19-1-0 to start her Wisconsin career.

While the Huskies’ record may look unimpressive, the team recently posted a pair of ties with the No. 5 Ohio State Buckeyes. Goaltenders Emma Polusny and Janine Alder have been outstanding for St. Cloud State this season as both have save percentages above .920. Laura Kluge, the team’s leading point scorer, has also been impressive, with twelve points over 17 games.

After the series against St. Cloud State, Wisconsin will have over a month of recovery for the holiday break. The Badgers will be back in action against Minnesota State on January 13.