Wisconsin looks to extend its hot start to the season against Ohio State this weekend.

Wisconsin prepares for home weekend against Ohio State

The still undefeated No. 1 Badgers (12-0-0) are returning home this weekend for a series with No. 4 Ohio State (7-0-1) after sweeping No. 7 Minnesota last weekend. The Buckeyes will look to build on their near-perfect record with their only blemish being a 5-5 tie which ended in a 2-0 shootout win for Ohio State.

Wisconsin will be quite the test for the Buckeyes this weekend. Ohio State is coming off of a cakewalk of a stretch where it played Minnesota Duluth (3-7-0) and St. Cloud State (2-6-0). This early season series could end up being huge for the Buckeyes, as a win would vault them right into the conversation for the WCHA regular season title. It is early, but the fast start by the Buckeyes should have fans excited as it seems like Ohio State may be able to contend for their first regular season crown this year.

After putting Minnesota away with a series sweep last weekend, the Badgers will be on the prowl again this weekend for some new ranked blood. Now sitting at 12-0-0, this Wisconsin team will be tested with a top-tier opponent for the second weekend in a row and will want nothing more than to come away with another sweep. Against Ohio State, Kristen Campbell will look to continue to be the steel curtain she’s been thus far this season. Campbell stands as the only goalie in the USCHO who holds a save percentage higher than 93 percent with over 500 minutes played.

The puck drops at 2 p.m. Saturday and 12 p.m. Sunday. You can catch both games live on BTN Plus and witness the Buckeyes take their shot at the unbeaten juggernaut that is Wisconsin.