Police are looking for a suspect who allegedly stabbed a woman he was driving with on John Nolen Drive. 

Police still searching for attempted homicide suspect

Police are searching for a man suspected of stabbing a female acquaintance he was traveling with in a car along John Nolen Drive Friday.

Tony M. Mason, a 63-year-old Madison resident, is the suspect, according to a Madison Police Department incident report. Police said Mason’s whereabouts remain unknown and warned that he may still be armed.

The incident took place at approximately 12:15 in the afternoon at the intersection with Broom Street. The victim called the police after escaping Mason’s car and she was admitted to the hospital with life-threatening injuries, according to the report.

Mason was driving the vehicle at the time of the incident and escaped the scene in his four-door 2010 Nissan Sentra before MPD officers arrived. The vehicle is reported to have a broken right rear window and a decal on the right-hand door.

Mason has a warrant out for his arrest and is wanted by detectives. The alleged perpetrator is 6’2" and approximately 165 pounds, police said.

The Madison Violent Crimes Department advises anyone who sees Mason or has any information on the suspect to call 9-1-1 and not to approach him. Individuals can also call Crime Stoppers at (608) 266-6014 or text "Dane" and their message to CRIMES to reach the police.