Police revive two individuals who overdosed on heroin inside State Street business
A Madison man called the police after receiving a disastrous and at points violent haircut at Ruby’s Salon last Friday.Image By: Cameron Lane-Flehinger
Madison Police Department officers were passing by a State Street establishment Friday night when they discovered that two people inside were unconscious. Upon gaining entry to the building, officers were able to revive the individuals, who had apparently overdosed on heroin.
The incident took place inside a closed business on the 600 block of State Street around 10 p.m., according to an MPD log of daily significant calls. The responding officers successfully used naloxone to revive the overdosed individuals.
A total of four MPD officers, as well as responders from the Madison Fire Department, provided treatment. After a number of doses, the individuals became responsive.
Both were taken to the hospital, where they admitted to using heroin.Subscribe to The Daily Cardinal Newsletter