Several streets in the State Street area will close for UW-Madison's Homecoming Parade Friday at 6 p.m.

Multiple campus-area streets to close for Homecoming Parade

Multiple streets in the State and Langdon Street areas will close Friday in anticipation of UW-Madison’s Homecoming Parade, according to the Madison Traffic Engineering Division.

Although the parade does not start until 6 p.m., Langdon Street between Lake Street and Wisconsin Avenue and Wisconsin Avenue between Langdon Street and West Gilman Street will be closed from 4 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. A driving lane to the Edgewater Hotel will be kept open.

Additionally, West Gilman Street between University Avenue and Wisconsin Avenue will close from 5:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.

North Lake Street between University Avenue and Langdon Street and Langdon Street from North Park Street to North Lake Street will be closed from 7 p.m. to 9:30 p.m, however, an access route will be maintained to the State Street-Campus parking garage.

Questions regarding street closures should be directed to Madison Traffic Engineer Tom Mohr at 608-267-8725.