About 300 law enforcement officials will be working Freakfest this year.

A cheat sheet for attending Freakfest

Each October, Freakfest takes over downtown Madison — here’s what you need to know before the event takes place Saturday.

The Madison Police Department will deploy about 300 officials, including special event staff and university police, Central District Police Captain Jason Freedman said at a Thursday press conference.

Additionally, all firearms and any item that security or police may see as dangerous are prohibited, according to the event’s website. This includes all fake weapons that come with a costume or anything that could potentially harm another person, like baseball bats or lengths of chain.

Freakfest organizers will also not allow the entry of alcohol and glass containers. Businesses can sell alcohol on Freakfest grounds, but open alcoholic beverages won’t be allowed in the street.

The event gates will be open from 7 p.m. to 1:30 a.m. No person will be able to enter or cross State Street without an event ticket during this time interval. People will be able to take Langdon Street and John Nolen Drive to get around the downtown area.

There will also be police officers located at different intersections downtown to direct people towards additional detours that will be available, according to Tom Moore with the city’s Traffic and Engineering department.

Dayton Street, Johnson Street and Lake Street will close at 5 p.m. and Gorham Street will close at 6 p.m. on Saturday to prepare for the event.

West Gilman Street will be closed between North Henry Street and State Street at 2 p.m. in order for two stages to be constructed for the concerts taking place.