37-year-old Curtis Langlois will stand trial on charges of first-degree intentional homicide and attempted first-degree intentional homicide. 

Madison man charged with murder, attacking a Dane County deputy ordered to stand trial

A Madison man charged with shooting a man to death and wounding another on the south side in August will stand trial, a county judge ruled Thursday, after he also threatened to kill a county deputy at the Dane County Jail this week.

Curtis J. Langlois, 37, faces counts of first-degree intentional homicide and attempted first-degree intentional homicide.

Langlois grabbed and choked a Dane County sheriff’s deputy, according to Wisconsin State Journal, before being restrained by other deputies. He was also threatened to kill the same deputy by telling her that he would snap her neck.

Madison Police Department Detective Jamie Grann testified that Langlois, who attended the preliminary hearing in a restraint chair, confessed to shooting 32-year-old Kendrith Young to death and wounding Young’s associate, Rodney Lemon Jr., last month.

Grann stated that Langlois told him that Young was “posturing,” “mugging” and making “disrespectful” comments toward Langlois, the State Journal said, a month before the shooting took place.

Langlois said that 27-year-old Dametrius Reeves, who was with the defendant during the incident and also faces criminal charges, shot Young first. Reaves is now being charged with first-degree intentional homicide and attempted first-degree intentional homicide.

His preliminary hearing has been rescheduled for Oct. 4.