UW-Madison’s Science Writer in Residence Program, which is bringing writer Ed Yong to campus Oct. 2, is sponsored by the School of Journalism and Mass Communication and the office of University Communications.

Atlantic writer to talk about effective scientific storytelling at UW-Madison

Ed Yong, a staff writer for The Atlantic, will visit campus next week to deliver a free public talk emphasizing the importance of effective storytelling in the field of communication science, according to a university news release.

The event comes as part of UW-Madison’s Science Writer in Residence Program and will bring Yong to campus next Monday to Friday.

Yong is recognized for his stories about the world of animals, as well as the human side of science, according to the release. In addition to his degrees in biochemistry from University College London and in zoology from Cambridge University, he has composed a best selling book, as well as articles in various newspapers and magazines.

Ed Yong’s free public talk, “Nobody Has to Listen to This: Getting Honest About Science Writing and Storytelling,” will take place at 7 p.m. on Oct. 3 in the H.F. DeLuca Forum of the Wisconsin Institute of Discovery at 330 N. Orchard Street.

To sign up to attend the event, visit: https://discovery.wisc.edu/programs/crossroads-ideas. Prior signs up will not necessarily be required at the door.