Ready to make your mark on campus? Find what you love.

All of us at The Daily Cardinal want to be the first to welcome you to your new home at UW-Madison.

It may seem scary now, but you will soon make this campus your own. You’ll have your favorite food carts on Library Mall, your preferred study spot and the flavor of Babcock ice cream you insist on ordering—we suggest Mint Chocolate Cookie or Blue Moon.

Our staff is here for you on every step of your campus journey. From crucial news investigations to the latest concert reviews to interviews with your favorite Badger athletes, we do it all here in 2142 Vilas Hall. We’ve called UW-Madison home for 126 years and we’re ready to do whatever it takes to help you feel that same way.

Here at the Cardinal, our passion is great journalism and holding administrators, elected officials and student leaders accountable to you, our readers.

Your passion might involve early mornings on Lake Mendota as part of the rowing team, long nights writing legislation for our student government or countless hours mastering marching band footwork.

Maybe you know exactly where your passion lies. Maybe you’ve got no idea. But at this university, there’s no shortage of ways to hone your existing interests and develop new ones.

Take advantage of the unique opportunities that come with being part of the campus community, whether that’s attending a talk from an inspiring artist, joining a protest or simply gathering up your floormates and head- ing out to explore the city.

And when you need a resource you can count on, know that you’ll find our paper on stands each Monday and Thursday and online every day at dailycardinal.com.

For even more comprehensive coverage, you can follow us on Twitter and Instagram @dailycardinal and like us on Facebook.

We also always want to hear from you. Engage with your peers, use our stories to start important conversations and tell us how to improve the content we produce.

Your voice counts, and it’s crucial to making the dis- course here more vibrant and inclusive, whether that is in the pages of our newspaper or in the halls of our campus.

We’re looking forward to having you and your passions on campus in September, and we’re confident that you’ll find something that grounds you here.

Welcome to the University of Wisconsin—we’re hoping you’ll love it as much as we do.