A methamphetamine drug bust Tuesday in Southern Wisconsin led to the arrest of eight people, including two 40-year-olds from Madison.

Two Madison residents among those charged in meth ring bust

Two 40-year-olds from Madison are among eight people charged by a federal judge in a major methamphetamine ring bust in Southern Wisconsin, a court document recently revealed.

The U.S. Attorney for the western district of Wisconsin Jeffrey Anderson unsealed the case’s indictment Tuesday, according to the Wisconsin State Journal.

The indictment charges Christopher Dutton, 43, Madison; Sean McLyman, 42, Madison; Olivia Halvorson, 28, Browntown; James Nehls, 30, Iowa County; Brandon Frank, 42, Argyle; Amanda Brown, 30 and her brother Sean Brown, 33, both from Encino, Calif.; and Joel Ringelstetter, 48, Lone Rock.

Seven of those eight defendants have been arrested; Brown is still at large.

Frank, Dutton and Brown allegedly dealt over 500 grams of meth and face a minimum of 10 years in prison if convicted.

The other defendants were charged with offenses involving possession or attempt to distribute methamphetamines. They face a maximum of 20 years in prison for each of the other charges.

All of the defendants, except for Ringelstetter, are charged with conspiring from September 2015 to February 2017, according to the Wisconsin Department of Justice.

Numerous law enforcement special task force teams helped with the investigation, including the Dane County Narcotics Task Force, the Madison Police Department and the UW-Madison Police Department.