The Revelry Music Festival has been cancelled after student interest declined over the four years since the inaugural festival.

Revelry permanently cancelled due to lack of interest; WUDstock to replace it

Despite an April Fools joke teasing about headliners Migos and Noname playing the Revelry Music and Arts Festival, the event has been permanently cancelled.

Wisconsin Union Directorate Music Committee student leaders voted to discontinue Revelry following declining interest in the event in recent years, according to WUD Communications Director Shauna Breneman.

She said the committee will introduce a new festival—WUDstock—in its place. They are aiming to hold events throughout the week of April 24. The festival will conclude April 29 with an undetermined musical act.

“The Committee looks forward to providing new spring programming … and continuing traditions like open mic nights on Wednesdays and headlining concerts in der Rathskeller and the Sett on Fridays and Saturdays,” Breneman said in an email.

The first Revelry festival took place in 2013. It has been headlined by artists such as Chance the Rapper and iLoveMakonnen. It has annually occurred at the same time as the Mifflin Street block party, and was rumored to be an alternate activity to put an end to the street festivities.