Three candidates from outside the university are competing with the current UW-Madison Interim Director of Admissions and Recruitment Andre Phillips for the director of admissions and recruitment position.

Four finalists vie for director of undergraduate admissions and recruitment

Unlike this year’s Badgers men’s basketball team, the search for a new admissions director at UW-Madison has reached a final four.

Four finalists, three from outside the university, are being considered for the position of director of undergraduate admissions and recruitment, according to a Thursday release.

The outside candidates are Jeffrey Fuller, director of student recruitment at the University of Houston; Daniel Hamrin, director of admissions operations at the University of Oklahoma; and Timothy Lee, director of undergraduate admissions, SUNY-Albany. Those three are joined by Andre Phillips, UW-Madison’s interim director of admissions and recruitment.

The four candidates are slated to give public presentations between April 19 and 27. Phillips, Hamrin and Lee will present in Gordon Commons, and Fuller will present in Grainger Hall. A final decision will be made by the 15-member Admissions Director Search and Screen Committee.

The director is tasked with establishing strategic priorities and goals for the admissions office, and “works collaboratively with campus and community partners to build a class consistent with enrollment goals,” according to the release.