Multiple appeals against the expulsion of Alec Cook, a former student accused of numerous cases of sexual assault, have been denied.

Another person comes forward in Cook case; count now up to 11

Another victim has come forward in the case of former UW-Madison student Alec Cook, who is currently facing 21 criminal charges in a sexual assault case involving nearly a dozen women, according to a county district attorney.

Attorney Ismael Ozanne said Friday at a final pretrial hearing that the UW-Madison Police Department—after interviewing an 11th victim—is referring the new allegations up the Dane County District Attorney’s Office.

After his arrest in October 2016, many more women came forward to report the 20-year-old. Cook is currently facing 21 criminal counts, including second-degree sexual assault, strangulation and felony stalking. In December 2016, Cook was released to his home of Edina, Minn., on a $100,000 bail.

Cook was expelled from UW-Madison earlier this month after a non-academic misconduct committee found him responsible for a “crime of violence.” He has been banned from the university since October 2016, previously under an emergency suspension.
Cook’s attorneys, Jessa Nicholson and Chris Van Wagner, filed an appeal against the expulsion last week. UW-Madison Chancellor Rebecca Blank has 30 days to respond to the appeal.

Dane County Judge Stephen Ehlke set a scheduling conference date of June 1.