Dane County authorities arrested three men Tuesday in an investigation of a large-scale heroin distribution operation in the Madison area.

Three arrested in large-scale Madison heroin distribution investigation

Three men arrested Tuesday by a special unit of the Dane County sheriff’s office are being investigated for running a large heroin distribution operation throughout the greater Madison area, according to Madison police.

Authorities from the Dane County Narcotics Task Force arrested 22-year-old Recardo W. Fonza, 19-year-old Geonni N. Bryant and 30-year-old Anthony S. Douglas for alleged heroin peddling after conducting two home searches.

Three handguns, more than $28,000 in cash, ammunition, eight cell phones and a digital scale were found and confiscated from the two residences, a house on the 400 block of Morningside Drive in Deerfield and an apartment building on the 5100 block of Anton Drive in Fitchburg.

The investigation stemmed from a case developed last fall by a Madison Police Department detective assigned to the task force uncovering a large-scale heroin distribution operation across the city.