Inauguration Marks New Era in First Lady Fashion

Friday morning marked the end of Michelle Obama’s era of First Lady fashion, but gave us a glimpse into what's to come the next four years. After eight years of impeccable gowns and outfits, Melania certainly has her work cut out for her, as Michelle leaves behind a legacy of high fashion style. But, regardless of which party you support, it's clear Melania Trump is up for the challenge and will be serving up spectacular style for us all to enjoy during her time in the White House.

In her debut as First Lady, Melania did not disappoint. At the swearing-in ceremony, she chose to wear a monochrome baby blue look centered around a Ralph Lauren cashmere dress and complete with coordinating gloves and shoes. The ensemble was reminiscent of the signature classy style of fellow fashionable First Lady, Jackie Kennedy. Melania topped off the look with a side swept updo.

Ivanka Trump, one of our new first daughters, also brought her A game to the swearing in ceremony. Ivanka donned an all white Oscar De La Renta pant suit and loose waves for her hair. The look was similar to Hillary Clinton, who also worn a white pantsuit to the occasion.

Later in the evening, during her and President Trump’s first dance at the Freedom Ball, Melania wore a stunning Hervé Pierre gown. The white form fitting dress featured ruffled, off the shoulder details and a thin red belt at her waistline. Her hair fell into loose waves. Also at the ball, Ivanka wore an awe inducing dress that dreams are made of. The long sleeve, sparkling Carolina Herrera ball gown looked flawless on the first daughter. With ombré style beading, Ivanka shined from head to toe.

I, as well as many of my fellow fashion-loving Americans, will miss watching Michelle Obama’s fabulous displays of fashion. But if Friday is any indication, the next four years will be filled with stunning looks from both our new First Lady and the eldest first daughter.