Rich Robbins performed The Daily Cardinal's last 2016 Live From the Nest Dec. 13.

Rich Robbins performs intimate set at Live from the Nest

In the final installment of Live From the Nest for the fall semester, Madison rapper Rich Robbins graced The Daily Cardinal office with strong bars in what he said was one of the most intimate performances he’s ever done.

Featuring songs from his latest project, All.This.Gold, as well as a couple never-before-heard tracks, Robbins’ set was a slowed-down, passionate display of emotion. Accompanied by producer Since ’93 on the drums and artist Odd Man Out on the keys, Robbins took the time to connect with the audience on a personal level. Robbins focused heavily on the value of inclusivity and equality during the show.

“A lot of my art deals with reclaiming beauty for brown skin,” said Robbins.

Before unleashing some furious rhymes on his song “Bodies For Pesos,” which debuted on Live From the Nest, Robbins called out other rappers to step their bars up.

As Robbins finished his set, he took some time to answer questions about his future musical endeavors. He said that he is focused on changing for the better and evolving as an artist. With a stronger emphasis on singing and songwriting, he shared his plans to integrate a new sound and style into future projects.

After this final performance of the semester, Live From the Nest will be returning stronger than ever in 2017. Be sure to check out The Daily Cardinal’s Facebook page for future performances.