Police look for Gorham battery spree suspects

Madison police officers are looking for two to three suspects related to a series of battery incidents that occurred early in the Sunday morning.

The first incident took place around 1:15 a.m. Sunday, in an apartment building on the 200 block of West Gorham Street. The suspects attacked five victims outside of one of the victim’s apartment following an argument. Several of the victims ended up with facial fractures, according to a Madison Police Department incident report.

MPD Central District detectives believe one of the same suspects knocked a 22-year-old man unconscious around 4:30 a.m. after the suspect asked to hug his girlfriend, according to the report.

“The victim refused to let that happen and he was punched. He suffered a broken nose and concussion,” MPD Public Information Officer Joel DeSpain wrote in the report.

Apartment video from the first incident shows the suspects “battering” random people. The suspects do not live in the building and may have come to “party in Madison.”

MPD has strong leads and is in the process of identifying the men, according to the report.