Badgers avenge '08 loss with win over Wolverines

Wisconsin and Michigan will face off for the first time since 2010. 

DC Roundtable: Predictions for Week 5

Thomas Valtin-Erwin, sports editor:

Wisconsin score: Michigan 17, Wisconsin 14

These are two absolutely lights-out defenses. Expect a low-scoring game between these two heavyweights, but be ready: If Jabrill Peppers gets loose more than once, the Badgers could be in for a much longer night.

Jabrill Peppers all-purpose yards: 75

Wisconsin is going to dedicate a lot of effort to containing Peppers, because his performance will determine the outcome of this game. It will be difficult, to be sure, but this is an elite defense with the talent and coaching to do it.

Upset: Oklahoma State over No. 22 Texas

It’s hard not to choose Oklahoma here, as it is unranked following losses to No. 2 Ohio State and No. 6 Houston, but that really wouldn’t be an upset. Texas, meanwhile, is back in the national spotlight, but this team isn’t as good as No. 22. The Cowboys, on the other hand, have shown what they can do this season and should cause the Longhorns all sorts of problems.

Lorin Cox, football beat writer: 

Wisconsin score: Michigan 20, Wisconsin 17
These two teams field two of the best defenses in the nation, and it is going to come down to which offense makes fewer mistakes. It’s not going to be a pretty game, but the Badgers will be in it to the very end.

Peppers all-purpose yards: 92
Peppers might put together a few lengthy returns, but the Badgers will keep him out of the endzone whenever he has the ball in his hands, limiting his total yardage in the process.

Upset: No. 25 Georgia over No. 11 Tennessee
Georgia running back Nick Chubb has something to prove against the team he got hurt against last year; Kirby Smart will have his defense ready to go for the rivalry game.

Andrew Tucker, football features writer

Wisconsin score: Michigan 31, Wisconsin 21

I’m a little more optimistic about the Badgers than many are, but I still don’t think they’ll be able to pull this win off. Michigan is too good, and Jabrill Peppers is the most talented football player in the country. 

Peppers All Purpose Yards: 125

I love Jabrill Peppers, and I don’t care who knows. Wisconsin isn’t well-known for their stellar special teams play, as seen by Akron’s punt return for a touchdown. I bet Peppers has a nice game and racks up 125 all-purpose yards.

Upset: Oklahoma State over No. 22 Texas

This is a matchup that piqued my interest for the upcoming week. OK State was ranked before losing a wild one to Central Michigan, and Texas’ only impressive game was a win over a Notre Dame team that has looked bad all year. I pick the Cowboys to upset the Longhorns.