Suspect in Tuesday double shooting arrested outside UW Hospital

A person of interest from a Tuesday morning shooting was taken into custody by law enforcement outside of UW Hospital around 9 a.m. Tuesday.

The person of interest was arrested by police after a short car chase on the west side of Madison. The arrested male was driving the vehicle that is connected to the shooting, according to a Madison Police Department incident report.

The unidentified man is suspected of shooting two individuals, one male and one female, around 1:20 a.m. Tuesday near Legends Sports Bar & Grill, according to the report. The person of interest and the male victim were seen arguing before the shooting began. Both victims suffered non-life threatening injuries, and were in the hospital when police captured the person of interest near the emergency room entrance.

Officers from various forces, including UW-Madison Police Department, were on the scene. The doors of the emergency room were locked briefly during the arrest, as were entrances to the American Family Children’s Hospital. According to the report, no shots were fired either during the chase or the arrest.