Business mogul Donald Trump (top left) and Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders (bottom right) claimed decisive victories in the New Hampshire primary Tuesday.

Sanders, Trump take New Hampshire in Tuesday primary

UPDATE: 7:01

Most major news outlets have called the New Hampshire primaries for Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump, respectively. Trump is presently leading John Kasich 33-17 with 4 percent of precincts reporting. Sanders was proclaimed the winner with 8 percent of precincts reporting, and is currently leading Hillary Clinton 50-41.

UPDATE: 6:33 p.m.

Early results are trickling in from New Hampshire but long lines and snarled traffic have popped up across the state. Record turnout in places like Merrimack has forced polling places to stay open later than expected.

Very early results show Bernie Sanders ahead of Hillary Clinton by slightly more than 400 votes but with only one percent of precincts reporting, the race is far from over. No results have been reported in the Republican race, as business mogul Donald Trump is trying to beat out Florida Senator Marco Rubio, Ohio Governor John Kasich, former Florida Governor Jeb Bush and New Jersey Governor Chris Christie.

UPDATE: 6:12 p.m.

While most polls in New Hampshire didn't close until 7 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, exit polls from earlier in the day are already giving insight into voters' mindsets. On the Democratic side, Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders garnered support from 83 percent of voters under 30 according to an NBC News poll, a key demographic for the upstart challenger to former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. Sanders is hoping that big leads in pre-primary polls come to fruition, using momentum from the Granite State to challenge Clinton in the Nevada and South Carolina primaries.