Scott Walker

A new Marquette University Law School Poll released Thursday showed Gov. Scott Walker's approval rating has stagnated in his home state since he dropped out of the presidential race.

Poll reveals Wisconsin’s support for Carson, disapproval of Walker

Wisconsin Republicans prefer neurosurgeon Ben Carson over his presidential opponents according to statewide poll results released Thursday, while their dissatisfaction with Gov. Scott Walker has remained stagnant since September.

Carson narrowly beat out Donald Trump and Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., with 22 percent of poll respondents favoring him to Trump and Rubio’s 19 percent each, according to the Marquette University Law School Poll.

Gov. Scott Walker’s numbers haven’t improved since he dropped out of the presidential race. Shortly after leaving the field of candidates, 59 percent of participants in the same poll said they disapproved of his leadership. Thursday’s results showed 58 percent of Wisconsinites disapprove of his work now.

Sixty percent of voters also disapprove of the way the state’s legislative Republican majority is doing its job.

On the left, Hillary Clinton is favored by Wisconsin Democrats by 50 percent to Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders’ 41 percent.

"Sanders is able to get more of the votes from independents and even some Republicans than Clinton is," Franklin said, according to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. "People have very firm views of Hillary Clinton."

Former Sen. Russ Feingold, a Democrat, is beating incumbent Republican Sen. Ron Johnson with 58 percent support to Johnson’s 38 percent.