Madison's weekend entertainment

This weekend has so much to offer Madison in the form of arts and entertainment. 

Knock knock

The Understudies Improv group is putting on a show Saturday at 9 p.m. in Memorial Union. The show is in the style of “Whose Line Is It Anyway?” and the group is UW-Madison’s only short-form comedy troop. 

See you bassoon

The Masters Bassoon Chamber is having a recital at 7:30 p.m. Saturday. The event will take place in Memorial Union at the Fredric March Play Circle. 

Free film festival

The Marquee is hosting its very own film festival this weekend and featuring a variety of eclectic movies. These include “Amy,” “Taxi,” “Killer of Sheep,” “Mistress America,” “Dude Bro Party Massacre III,” “Gueros,” “Respire,” “The Second Mother,” “Turbo Kid,” “Goodnight Mommy,” “Amour Fou,” “Tu Dors Nicole,” “The Black Panthers: Vanguard of the Revolution” and “I Believe in Unicorns.”

The theater will also play “Call Me Marianna” as part of the Polish Film Festival. 

Dancing and singing

The Sett at Union South is hosting Night Movies with Jack and the Coax Friday night at 9 p.m. Expect some indie-rock vibes. 

Memorial Union will be  featuring Coyote Kisses with Melvv and Kyle Curry for a Friday evening performance.  

Admiring art

The “Monuments to the Ephemeral” art exhibition by Tom Rice will be on display in Union South Gallery 1308. 

The “Gender Pains” exhibition by Nathan Fritz will also be on display in Gallery 1308.  

Feeling artsy? 

Wheelhouse Studios will be hosting Free Art Friday in Memorial Union. They will also have a ceramic tile making event as well as a wool spinning demo. 

Behind the Beat

Memorial Union continues to host its Behind the Beat Jazz Series with local jazz and Americana musicians. 

Check The Daily Cardinal each Thursday to find out what to do for entertainment in Madison each weekend. Hint: We like free things.