Wisconsin pushes winning streak to five

What started as a three-game winning streak playing at home for the Badgers has progressed to dominating on the road, with Wisconsin (5-1-1 Big Ten, 8-4-3 overall) crushing Nebraska (1-4-2, 5-6-2) 3-0 Sunday afternoon.

It was the Badgers’ sixth consecutive shutout and fifth straight win, following a Thursday night 2-0 win against Iowa on the road at Iowa City.

Two goals in the middle of the first half gave Wisconsin the edge early, with freshman midfielder Victoria Pickett finding the back of the net early in the 23nd minute of the match unassisted. It was her second goal of the season.

About 16 minutes later in the 39th minute, freshman Steph Fabry joined in on the fun, scoring following assists from junior midfielders Rose Lavelle and Micaela Powers.

Lavelle, a 2015 MAC Hermann Trophy candidate, rounded out the Badgers’ offensive success against the Cornhuskers with a goal in the 88th minute, again unassisted. It was her fifth goal of the season.

Statistically, the Badgers comfortably led with 12 shots against the Cornhuskers’ 9. Wisconsin converted all three of its shots on goal into goals.

“I’m excited that our team was able to get two results on the road," UW head coach Paula Wilkins said. "Nebraska presented certain challenges and I felt that our team responded to them well and executed on what we asked. This was another team effort all around. We’ve continued to build confidence and people have been stepping up."

Returning home this coming Friday, Oct. 15, the Badgers will take on Michigan (5-1-1, 10-4-1) in a conference showdown at McClimon Sports Complex, with kickoff at 7 p.m.

UWBadgers.com contributed to this report.