Five-game win streak will be put to test by Michigan and Michigan State

Returning home, the Badgers will face off against Michigan and Michigan State this weekend, seeking win No. 6 and No. 7 to extend their five-game winning streak.

The Wolverines’ conference record, (5-1-1 Big Ten, 10-4-1 overall), matches that of Wisconsin (5-1-1, 8-4-3), and the two teams are currently tied for second place with Penn State, all with 16 points. The three teams trail Minnesota, who sits at 6-1-0 in conference play and leads the Big Ten standings with 18 points.

In their last five games, the Wolverines have gone 3-1-1. Their loss was to Michigan State, who Wisconsin will play on Sunday.

The Spartans, (2-2-2, 6-3-4) in contrast to the Wolverines, have been struggling more in Big Ten play, going 1-2-2 in its last five games.

The Badgers originally struggled early in the season, with their record including losses to Pepperdine University, UCLA and Penn State while playing on the road and a loss to Illinois State while playing at home. But a streak of wins, starting against Indiana when they returned home, indicates that the tide has shifted in Wisconsin’s favor. The Badgers have not conceded a goal in the last six games.

“Offensively, we’ve had some people step up in leadership roles and it’s made a difference. They’ve really locked stuff down," head coach Paula Wilkins said. "Defensively too, Caitlyn Clem has settled in more in the back and we’ve been building confidence.”

Wisconsin will take on Michigan Thursday night at 7 p.m. and Michigan State Sunday afternoon at 1 p.m., both at McClimon Sports Complex.

UWBadgers.com contributed to this report.