Lauren Carlini

Lauren Carlini dominated yet again to open Big Ten conference play as the Badgers swept both Ohio State and Maryland.

Tight turnaround not a problem for Wisconsin

Last weekend, Wisconsin (6-1) dominated the Badger Classic, sweeping both Georgia and Kent State in three sets at UW Field House.

UW has won six straight matches and hopes to extend its winning streak as it prepares for the Creighton classic in Omaha, Neb. this weekend. There, they will face Kansas State (8-1), Creighton (4-5) and Arkansas (8-1) before beginning conference play next week.

The Badgers will have a jam-packed weekend, playing three matches in two days. UW head coach Kelly Sheffield believes his team is up to the challenge.

“This weekend it’s a pretty hefty duty tournament,” Sheffield said.“We open up with Kansas State, who might slide into the top 25 this weekend. Creighton, who might have played the toughest schedule in the country or one of them up to this point, and really good and well-coached Arkansas team. We are excited to get back to work. We have a couple days off away from the gym just in lifting, and we are going to get after it this afternoon.”

Since the Badgers are facing a heavy workload this weekend, theywill only be able to do a complete scouting report for one of the teams they face and then will have to operate using condensed scouting reports for the other two teams.

Despite less time to get ready for this weekend, UW is confident that it will be adequately prepared.

“We’ll give a full scouting report on our first match, who happens to be Kansas State, and the last two matches, you really shrink that down and you give them a lot less information because there’s just a lot less time to get ready,” Sheffield said. “We would like to think that our preparation is one of the advantages we have. I’m sure just not every team in the country feels that way, but we really believe it.”

UW starts off the weekend against Kansas State Friday at 3:30 p.m., then will take on Creighton at 1:00 p.m Saturday and Arkansas later that day at 8:00 p.m.