No injuries, minimal damage in State Street apartment dryer fire

As they made their way to their next destination, State Street bar hoppers got some unexpected excitement, seeing flashing lights and several Madison Fire Department emergency vehicles on State Street early Sunday morning.

Madison firefighters responded to reports of a minor dryer fire in an apartment next to the Wendy’s restaurant, according to an MFD firefighter and spokesperson.

The fire, which occurred at 536 State Street at about 12:45 a.m., resulted in minimal damage to property and no personal injuries, with emergency responders arriving at the scene shortly after the fire started.

Pedestrians and motor vehicles on State Street were able to bypass the fire trucks parked along the street by the apartment building during the entirety of the incident.

The MFD firefighter asked not to be identified pending a complete investigation into the incident, and a phone call to MFD administration was not immediately returned Sunday evening.

Comments powered by Disqus

Please note All comments are eligible for publication in The Daily Cardinal.