Chris Borland

Former linebacker Chris Borland will have to wait another day before he gets selected in the NFL Draft.

No Wisconsin players drafted in first round

For the first time since 2010, no Wisconsin players were selected in the first round of the 2014 NFL Draft following the round’s completion Thursday night.

Linebacker Chris Borland was a borderline first round pick, but he will have to wait until at least Friday night to hear his name called. The absence of a former Badger being drafted in the first round ends a streak that included defensive end J.J. Watt and offensive tackle Gabe Carimi (2011), guard Kevin Zeitler (2012) and center Travis Frederick (2013).

Four of Borland’s old Big Ten rivals were drafted Thursday night. Michigan offensive tackle Taylor Lewan went to Tennessee at No. 11 and Michigan State cornerback Darqueze Dennard fell to Cincinnati at No. 24. Ohio State had two players chosen—linebacker Ryan Shazier by Pittsburgh at No. 15 and cornerback Bradley Roby by Denver at No. 31.

Draft coverage continues this weekend with the second and third rounds Friday night and the fourth through seventh rounds happening Saturday afternoon. Borland, wide receiver Jared Abbrederis and offensive lineman Ryan Groy are among the several Wisconsin players hoping to be selected.