Revelry

Revelry may see new home on Langdon Street this year

University of Wisconsin-Madison students could see a new home for the second annual Revelry Music and Arts Festival, as current proposals place the event on Langdon Street, with one stage situated alongside Lake Mendota.

The festival’s executive planning committee held a press conference Wednesday to announce preliminary plans of the event, including the official date of May 3.

Revelry was created last year, as a means to provide a safe event for students to celebrate the end of the school year, according to the committee’s mission statement.

Bess Donoghue, the public relations coordinator for Revelry, said the plan to shift Revelry from Union South and Randall street to Langdon Street came from the desire to accommodate more students.

“This new location will continue to help us achieve our vision of a large high quality event, even more than last year,” Donoghue said.

The location awaits ultimate approval from the city of Madison, though Donoghue said those associated with Revelry do not anticipate there being any issues.

If the street permit is approved, there will be two stages within the designated area: one located in front of Science Hall and one on the Terrace facing Memorial Union. In addition to the stages, there will be an area in between the Union and the Red Gym set aside for art installations and vendors.

Donoghue added this year’s festival will run from noon-10 p.m., adding three hours to last year’s run time.

Amid the breakdown of funding sourcesincluding the Wisconsin Union, the Chancellor’s Office and the Dean of Studentsno funding comes from student segregated fees, she said.

At this time, no performers have been confirmed, but Donoghue said a press release will be issued March 7 at 10 a.m. containing the official lineup. Donoghue noted that student input was a factor in deciding the list of both national and local performers, as compiled from a survey earlier in the school year.