Drunk man exposes genitalia, wets himself on State Street

Madison Police were called to State Street Monday afternoon after a concerned passerby walked past a man whose genitals were hanging from his trousers.

Madison police arrested the suspect, Ronald Duell, 54, for depositing human waste and a violation for possessing or consuming open intoxicants on a street.

The responding officer found the suspect on a bench on the 500 block of State Street.

""His eyes were closed, his zipper was open and based on the totality of the situation, it was clear he had soiled himself,"" Madison Police Department spokesperson Joel DeSpain said in a statement.

The officer then told the man to put his privates back in his pants and zip-up.

The officer said he observed a large pool of liquid under and around the suspect's feet and a large wet spot on his crotch, DeSpain said.

After asking the suspect why he urinated on himself, Duell called the officer names and said multiple expletives, police said.

The suspect was taken to jail with a blood alcohol content level of 0.29, police said.

Once at jail, the suspect urinated on himself again while trying to fall asleep, DeSpain said.

—Maggie DeGroot