Legislators introduce bill to get Packers-Cowboys game shown

As the Packers prepare for their biggest match-up of the season, state legislatures introduced a new bill that will settle the conflict over how independent network channels will be carried by cable providers. 

State Senator Dave Hansen, D-Green Bay and Rep. Kitty Rhoades, D-Hudson introduced the Fair Access to Networks"" Legislation Tuesday afternoon.  

The legislation, if passed, would use an outside, non-governmental authority to select which of the competing proposals will establish how independent network channels will be carried by cable providers. 

The introduction of the legislation arrives just days before the Packers play the Cowboys, a highly anticipated game that will not be available to those without access to the NFL Network.  

""Packer fans everywhere should be able to watch what could be one of the Packer's biggest games of one of their biggest seasons,"" said Sen. Hansen in a statement. ""Instead they're being held hostage in a dispute that seemingly has no end in sight."" 

The legislation will not solve the conflict between the NFL Network and cable providers in time for Thursday's game according to a statement by the bill's authors.